Linux friendly local ISP?

Duane Attaway dattaway at attaway.yi.org
Tue May 7 13:11:48 CDT 2002

On Tue, 7 May 2002, J. Eric Gilliland wrote:

> Can anyone recommend a linux friendly dial up ISP.

Does it have to be dial up?  Road Runner has been pretty good to me.
They seem very linux friendly if things are secure and don't pose a
threat to the network.  But don't expect official "support."

I've heard horror stories about their mail server dropping mails, but
since cable is an "always on" connection, I run my own mailserver.  This
has the added benefit of completely eliminating spammers using the
blackhole lists.

RR's connection has always been up, except for the ice storm when the tree
in my back yard interrupted service for the area...

Here is RR's basic policy on services.  Basically they allow freedom to
communicate, unless your box is an annoying disaster and does dumb things:

http://security.rr.com

--
Why drive a car when you can ride a bike?
http://attaway.yi.org                   http://counter.li.org   user #142150