Meeting reminder

Duston, Hal hdusto01 at sprintspectrum.com
Wed May 1 21:37:51 CDT 2002

Seth Dimbert [mailto:s.dimbert at fhmr.com] wrote:

> If I bring the box, can I count on someone else having a
> keyboard, mouse and monitor? Or must I lug them all down?
>
> -SD

--From http://www.linuxmafia.com/~rick/faq/#monitor --

"Do I have to bring my monitor to the Linux InstallFest?
It's heavy. Can't you supply one?"

Let me get this straight: You're saying that your monitor
is heavy and awkward, but you somehow think mine is
weightless, or transported to the InstallFest using
telekinesis?  Also, the X Window System on Linux should
be configured for your specific monitor/video card
combination. The best way to ensure this is done
correctly is for you to bring both pieces. If it isn't
done correctly, you might burn out your monitor upon
returning home, if the X server sends signals beyond the
monitor's design limits (for more than a minute or so).
Bring your full computer to the InstallFest: system box,
monitor, keyboard, mouse, all cables including AC power
cords and power strip, and all hardware documentation.
Please also bring several floppy disks that we may
overwrite. Bring your Linux distribution CD-ROM, if you
have one. You do not need printers, external modems, or
non-Linux software.

Basically, bringing your own stuff improves your odds of
having what you need when you get there.

Hal