high-speed access question

Paul Taylor priviledgeduser at hotmail.com
Wed May 1 19:31:01 CDT 2002

Before you comment, I'd suggest you get the facts from your own ISP. How
about this from their own web site:
How fast is Road Runner?
Road Runner provides download of up to 2,000 kilobits per second. That
compares with the maximum dial-up speed of 56 kilobits per second. For
instance, a file download, say a movie trailer, that would take roughly 30
minutes on a 14.4 dial-up modem will take about 30 sec. on Road Runner. This
is true for downloading all types of files such as videos, pictures,
software and so on. And up loading files happens at a swift 384 kilobits per
second.

So, you are capped at 2Mbps download and 384Kbps upload. Yeah, that's real
swift. Road Runner max's you out at 250KB per second downloads.

Additionally, Road Runner is $44.95 not $49.95. You can get business class
Road Runner but it's WAY expensive. Information at
http://www.twckc.com/business/rates.asp.

I had Road Runner in 1997 for 6 months. I cancelled it then because it was
too slow. In January of 2002 I tried Road Runner out again, they hadn't
changed in 5 years so I dropped them again.

RR latency is terrible, only support dynamic IP addresses and have policies
that THEY can enforce when they quite being lazy. Like not servers.

Actually, I would prefer Everest Cable but they're not in Lees Summit yet.

It's faster than cable service offered by Comcast and Time Warner, that is
what matters to me.

What's a FUDder?