wally world pcs less the os

Marvin Bellamy Marvin.Bellamy at innovision.com
Wed May 1 17:43:47 CDT 2002

There's a cool article on slashdot about Walmart's line of computers
sold *without* Windows.  It's amazing to think that you can get a 1 Ghz
machine for $400--w/o monitor.  I want to upgrade my computer, the
motherboard *alone* would cost me $250.  I'm sure the ghost of Sam is
just being cheap, but this is a big opportunity for the Linux market.
 Every distro should be chomping at the bit to get a Walmart version out
the door.  And I mean one that will install a newbie setup with no
effort.  Love or hate that chain, they've opened a big door...