Mandrake 8.2

Charles K. Lee II chuckx at cold-sun.com
Sun Mar 31 06:19:35 CST 2002

On Sat, Mar 30, 2002 at 09:25:22PM -0800, Patrick Thurmond wrote:

>  Is there any way of disabling linux from viewing the 2nd drive (aside
>  from pulling the IDE cable every time)??? I really don't want to mess up
>  the 2nd hdd.

There's no need to pull IDE cables.  If you don't mount the drive or
otherwise explicitly mess with the device, Linux won't do anything to it.
In any case, like mentioned before, there is NTFS read only support included
in the kernel.  It works without a hitch.  Just don't turn on the
experimental write support and you don't have to worry about data loss at
all.

However, if you need to read and write to the hard drive from both OSs,
you're going to have to reformat.

--
- chuckx | Charles K. Lee II -
- chuckx at cold-sun.com -