Mandrake 8.2

Rich Edelman edelman at speedscript.com
Fri Mar 29 14:45:19 CST 2002

Mandrake 8.2 isn't going to be in the stores until late April, if I'm
correctly remembering what I read on Mandrake's site. Samba can read an NTFS
partition, it's really filesystem independent. Although from what you said it
sounds like you want to dual boot Mandrake and XP on the same machine.
There's kernel level support for READING an NTFS filesystem, and
experimental/dangerous support for writing to an NTFS filesystem, but the
writing portion of that will fsck up your drive. Guaranteed.

Rich