DNS Server

Lucas Peet lpeet at eccod.com
Sun Mar 10 18:59:02 CST 2002

I've been trying to get my DNS server registered as an 'official' DNS
server so I can do my own DNS for my domains and I have some questions:

1.)  Who am I supposed to do this through?  I've been trying to register
a host with Network Solutions, but every time (And I've tried probably
10 times) it's rejected, because they can't "verify the authenticity".
 I tried to do a Fax form, and they came back saying the domain cannot
be found in the Whois database??

I did not register this domain through Network Solutions, rather
Active-Domain.com.  I read the info at Active-Domain.com on registering
a DNS host, and they say to register with the Verisign Global Registry,
but I can't find any info on how or where to do this at their site
(http://www.verisign-grs.com).

Also, I haven't been able to find any info on the 'net about it
either...but jeez!  This can't be *THAT* hard - ISP's, companies, etc...
do it all the time!  I'm just having the hardest time with this, and
it's getting very frustrating.

Any help would be MUCH appreciated!