IP address oddity

Don Erickson derick at shark.zeni.net
Sat Mar 9 22:14:50 CST 2002

In article <20020309150118.42382.qmail at web14607.mail.yahoo.com> you write:

>I installed several boxes from a ghost image (Norton Ghost 2002)
>of RedHat 7.2. All are configured to get IP addressing through
>DHCP. All are successful at eht0 configuration, but ALL come up
>with THE SAME IP ADDRESS (10.1.2.69), AND
>all are able to connect to the network and internet..at least
>one at a time.

So...what happens if a second machine connects to the network after the
first one is connected?  Does it get a different IP address?  If so, then
everything is working, right?  The dhcpd usually has a range of
addresses to assign, the first free address is usually assigned in my
experience.

Regards,

-Don