PayPal, etc.

zscoundrel zscoundrel at kc.rr.com
Wed Mar 6 17:10:35 CST 2002

Obviously, I do have different standards and priorities than you do.

One of my priorities is that a service provider must provide a usable
service!  As I pointed out in my previous note, more users equals better
functionality.  When you need to exchange money online, it helps of BOTH
parties of the transaction use the same online service.

I have been using the service for almost a year now and have not had any
trouble.  But then, I am not out to defraud people on the internet, nor
has anyone had any reason to express any concern with any of the
hundreds of online transactions I have completed in the last year.

I have had transactions with several people that did not use PayPal for
various reasons.  Interestingly enough, most of the 'reasons' given for
not using PayPal were based mostly on anecdotal evidence and had little
factual support.

BTW, Choosing the path less traveled, just because it is less traveled,
does not indicate a great deal of intelligence or independent thought -
it is just a different knee jerk reaction to a given stimuli.  Choosing
the proper path based on a sober analysis of the criteria would probably
  give more satisfactory results.

Hmmm, were you aware that the same forty million people from the
previous note choose to breathe constantly???  Do you consider that fact
to be a good reason to stop?

The point of the thread - originally - was a request from one of the
group to gather insight from people who were actually USING PayPal and
Linux together.  This is what I provided.  Hopefully, it also provided
some insight to the group.

Now that the thread has digressed away from the original topic, perhaps
we can let it drop.  While I still find the information from this thread
to be somewhat enlightening, but I suspect it's usefulness might not be
up to the standards of the list.  Could we just drop it while we are
still ahead of the game?