PayPal, etc.

Duston, Hal hdusto01 at sprintspectrum.com
Wed Mar 6 16:03:50 CST 2002

DCT Jared Smith [mailto:jared at dctkc.com] wrote:

> Obviously, you use different standards to prioritize your
> resources than I do. Forty million other people doing
> something is a reason for me NOT to do it.

Not to be contrary, but well. . .  Sometimes something has more
value with more people using it.  The internet for instance.
I'd bet that forty million other people are using the internet.

The telephone network falls into this same category, as does
the postal delivery network.

Something that is used to bring people together for some
purpose had more value with the more people that are using it.
A global network with only 10 people using one of these things
wouldn't be of much value.

Whether this applies to paypal or not, I don't know.

> -Jared

Hal Duston