KCLUG --> KCMUG?

Brian Densmore DensmoreB at ctbsonline.com
Mon Mar 4 15:03:36 CST 2002

Sorry for the double posting. I'm working from home. I think my subaru
is running windoze, I get seemingly random system crashes, sometimes it
will just reboot going down the the highway. Also I once had to
reinstall the engine, I think the highway dept repainted the roads.

Anyway back to the topic. Yes ,it is possible to have a slow Linux GUI.
Especially if you chose "install everything" when installing Linux.
Plain fact is My Linux at home boots at least 3x faster than Widoze 2K
at work. Even logging in is faster. My friend's PC is older, it has a
K6-2 w/ 64M Ram, but not terribly slow. After all it is a Pentuim II
grade and better yet faster than a Pentium because it is AMD. But if it
were running Linux I promise it would run faster, becuase I would help
him set it up.

Also, Linux can't be setup in five minutes as someone else stated, but I
can set up and fully configure all the software including networking,
office, databsse, programming and email support in 2-3 hours. This is
not possible with Windoze. Trust me I have been doing exactly that in
Windoze for years. It requires at -=LEAST=- a full work day. Yes, there
is Ghost for Windoze, but I could do that with Linux too. Simply do a
mkisofs on the system you want to copy.

Linux defense rests,
Brian