easy question

dattaway at attaway.net dattaway at attaway.net
Wed Jun 26 15:22:08 CDT 2002

> Can someone tell me the name of the program that gives you the witty
> saying/message of the day at login? And/or where its located? It runs by

There are many great customized fortunes specific to certain groups,
languages, etc.  Examples include Calvin and Hobbes quotes, BOFH excuses,
Jargon snippets, South Park, famous Matrix quotes...

http://www.linuxlinks.com/Software/Toys/Fortune/

Fortune also has the mysterious -o option that can only be enabled by hand
editing the Makefile.  Rumor has it that the -o option is very offensive
even for the open source world.  It was so bad, it required the offensive
quotes to be manually cp'd from the off directory to the fortunes.
Beware...