RoadRunner going to hell

Marvin GodfatherofSoul Bellamy mbellamy at kc.rr.com
Thu Jun 20 21:38:36 CDT 2002

My connection has been getting progressively slower over the past few
weeks.  A while back, I counted something like 1300+ packets in one
minute.  From my understanding, it has to do with CodeRed and subnet
broadcasts which generate DNS queries.  Well, what *seemed* to work was
relying on the backup DNS servers, since the primary was generating so
much traffic.  Now, even this isn't working.  I contacted RR last night,
the support guy was nice enough but basically told me there was nothing
they planned on doing about it.  I even offered to track down the
infected machines on my own dime.  No takers.  Normal web browsing is
okay, but it's when I play CounterStrike that I notice.