can't edit files

Eric Rossiter rossiter at discoverynet.com
Thu Jun 20 13:44:57 CDT 2002

Morning LugNuts,

I sure hope someone can edumacate me this morning.

When connecting to another Linux box here on the network at work, or
when conecting to same said systems from home, and trying to edit a text
file (either pico or vi).... I just get one long line of continuous
text, like the editors aren't recognizing carriage returns or new lines.

Doesn't matter if I go Linux to Linux, or Win to Lin using putty, etc.
Every file I try to edit remotely, either through a term window when
using X, or system console etc, the files are all just one long string.

Hope the above makes some sort of sense.

Anyone have any idea what I've done, or how to fix it?

TIA,
Eric