Wal-Mart shipping PCs with Lindows preinstalled

Jim Herrmann JimH at ItDepends.com
Thu Jun 20 00:20:39 CDT 2002

I read today that the vesion of Lindows is a version that's not even
available yet.  The drivers are holding back the general of the Lindows
distro, but for this machine they have finished all the drivers already.
They only have to deal with certain hardware.  I don't think these machines
are targeted for those that like to tweak their hardware.

On a more encouraging note, Mandrake will soon be an option on the Microtel
PCs from WalMart.  That should be better yet.  They haven't finalized the
deal, but I saw it on slashdot, I think, that a deal will be done next week.

Peace,
Jim