Wal-Mart shipping PCs with Lindows preinstalled

mbsmith at dstsystems.com mbsmith at dstsystems.com
Tue Jun 18 16:41:01 CDT 2002

>WHY CAN'T WE JUST HAVE A SYSTEM THAT HELPS PEOPLE A BIT MORE???

This may be a good start: http://www.elxlinux.org/elx/misc/compare.php

Cheers
Mark Smith

Bradley Miller <bradmiller at dslonramp.com>
Sent by: owner-kclug at marauder.illiana.net
06/18/2002 11:55 AM

        To:     <kclug at kclug.org>
        cc:
        Subject:        RE: Wal-Mart shipping PCs with Lindows preinstalled

2) I fielded a call today, no sound on a Windows 98 box.  The person had
installed their "restore CD" for an Emachine PC and I guess had got to the
point of needing a device driver for the sound card.   I'm not going to
say
Windows is that much better than Linux on this issue -- but WHY CAN'T WE
JUST HAVE A SYSTEM THAT HELPS PEOPLE A BIT MORE???   As much as Windows
holds the user's hand, it still isn't good enough.

-- Bradley Miller