gentoo on a toshiba tecra 8000

Brian Densmore DensmoreB at ctbsonline.com
Mon Jun 17 17:00:26 CDT 2002

There is a new function in X to tell it to configure itself. Have you
tried that yet?
XFree86 -configure

After that I would try xf86cfg, because it is a graphical approach and
easier to work with.
Also if that doesn't help, check the readme files to see if your chipset
is supported under a
different name. Or check here to see if it even supported:

http://www.xfree86.org/3.3.6/README3.html

HTH,
Brian