Cooperative markets

Brian Densmore DensmoreB at ctbsonline.com
Mon Jun 10 13:35:45 CDT 2002

Strange, none of our code is in any kind of shiny box. I make a fair
living.
The custom code we write for companies isn't open source, but they get
they
code if they want it. All that crap about people not wanting to pay for
opensource
is just that, crap. It is your average Joe and Jane user who don't want
to pay.
Granted some companies don't get the source code, but if the company has
programmers,
they usually get a company to do the contract work to write the code,
get some
documentation, and maybe some training on the use of it. Then the code
is more or less
supported in-house. Then there are those companies that out-source all
of it. If you're
not making a decent living at it then maybe you need to get an effective
sales and
contract team.

Brian