P120's and other old hardware

Duane Attaway dattaway at attaway.net
Sun Jun 9 23:32:01 CDT 2002

On Sun, 9 Jun 2002, Jonathan Hutchins wrote:

> Duane, I'll be pleased to see what you do with them.  It sounds like a great
> project.  When you get a good configuration worked out, could you post a
> basic outline of what you did to the list?

You bet!  I plan on making a detailed web page for those who wish to adopt
computers that need new homes.  I see too many good minimalistic, but well
designed hardware like this sitting around and collecting dust.  The cases
on these finely engineered computing instruments are very well designed and
most likely is fireproof by our standards.  The quality and attention to
detail that made these rugged products popular in the past seemed to have
vanished.

These are not just your old nostalgic tube radios with a fixed purpose,
these are very capable and customizable computing devices that can do the
job excellently.  And if I look in the right places, software keeps
getting better, not more bloated.  Granted, these will not be able to
process audio and video within the software like their power hungry
brethren, but life must go on.  Sure, the electrolytic capacitors in the
power supply may fail, lithium batteries are a 10-year time bomb, but to
see such youthful potential wasted out to be a crime.

--
http://attaway.net