Football

Tony Zafiropoulos tonyz at ctitek.com
Thu Jun 6 22:50:51 CDT 2002

> You Bet!!!  I caught the first 0-0 Draw of the tourney this morning,
> (France/Uraguay), and have been watching at least one game a day (love my
> Re-Play PVR).  I still can't get over France loosing to Senegal, and was
> rooting against them this morning, but despite several chances (and an extra
> man most of the game due to a France red-card), Uuaguay just couldn't quite
> get a goal.

Uruguay is a weak team, they barely made it in ...  Had to beat Australia
in a playoff.

It is sad but almost predictable to see the egotistic French players
destroy themselves.

As Bruce Arena (US coach) said, that is why the game is actually played,
France does not automatically win games and advance to the final.

> Anyway, back in group D, I'm hoping for the US and South Korea to advance,
> but you've got to figure Portugal is going to be playing a bit better, and
> I'm not sure if the US team is really that good, or if they just got lucky
> in their first win...

I picked Portugal first, but they would need to pick up the pace a bit,
they can definitely do it, but their defense is very weak, goalie is also
weak.

After the first round in D I believe that the Koreans will be first, with
the US second. We will probably lose against Korea, but will advance on
beating Poland.

Korea was very fluid and fast, sorta like 9 Beasley's, and they are used
to the weather and home advantage...  hard to beat...

Unfortunately, the second team in D will meet the first in B, which will
likely be Italy....  And the US will not beat Italy...

Downloaded pundt.de/pilot for my palm...  pretty cool stuff...

Tony

 --
Tony Zafiropoulos
FixMyVirus.com
tonyz at fixmyvirus.com
Best way to reduce your virus exposure?
Run Linux - Replace Windows one system at a time.