Block Some Ads Easily

Jonathan Hutchins hutchins at opus1.com
Thu Jun 6 01:47:34 CDT 2002

We've found that for most browsers, you get a lot of pop-up error messages
that way.  MSIE seems to handle it best, but the other browsers that will
run on Mac's and Linuxen choke pretty bad.

Actually, what we've done is take a similar list of just the domains, and
set up our internal DNS server to direct them to loopback.

What we _could_ do, I suppose, is set up a webserver that serves a null page
that won't pop over anything, and point 'em all to that.