extreme programming?

david nicol whatever at davidnicol.com
Sat Jun 1 04:10:53 CDT 2002

Mike Coleman wrote:

> pair programming strikes me as a bit nutty.

I disagree.  It strikes me as a sound cat-herding management practice:
Not only do you get the programmers focussed on their work better,
but each in the pair becomes the other's drop-dead replacement.

If you can afford it, of course.

One risk is that the programmers will divide their assigned labor
so they don't have to bother with communicating with each other;
you'd need to be operating somewhere with an abundance of talent
to have enough people to assign them into pairs.

I came very close to looking up the place discussed in the article
and sending them a resume :)

--
Mad, adj.:
        Affected with a high degree of intellectual independence