portals

DCT Jared Smith jared at dctkc.com
Wed Jul 31 08:55:13 CDT 2002

Jonathan,

Your question about a lightweight one-site 'portal' inspired me to try out a few portals. I was
experimenting with PHPWiki, and recently realized that wiki ain't the format I need. Time to
migrate.

So I visited more sites, tried a few, realized that Moveable Type was not 'open source' and then
discovered this delightful little gem.

http://www.zorum.com/

The installation is simply the easiest I have ever encountered for a PHP script. I quote from the
site:

   1. Unpack the distribution under the webroot!
   2. Open foruminstall.php in your browser!
   3. Follow the instructions!

I'm configuring it right now, and you'll see if you visit the zorum site it's the lightest weight
full package you can find. No advertising. I love it already.

-Jared