Windows Hosts File

Dustin Decker dustind at moon-lite.com
Wed Jul 31 03:21:25 CDT 2002

On Tue, 30 Jul 2002, Jonathan Hutchins wrote:

> [...]

Unless (just to be techincal) %systemroot% happends to be something
other than c:winnt.  This all depends upon the installation.  For
example, a Windows NT 4.0 workstation upgraded to Windows XP will retain
this value.  A fresh install on the other hand, will use c:windows as
the system root.

The same applies to Win2K systems - IIRC c:winnt is the default system
root - so an upgrade to XP leaves it unchanged while a new install will
be c:windows.

Dustin

--
| Dustin Decker                     |
| http://www.dustindecker.com |                                         |
| Moon-Lite Computing         | "I never forget a face, but in your     |
| 913.579.7117                |  case I'll make an exception."          |