On PostNuke

Dustin Decker dustind at moon-lite.com
Tue Jul 30 15:21:13 CDT 2002

On Tue, 30 Jul 2002, Jonathan Hutchins wrote:

> Actually from the PHPSlash site (http://www.phpslash.org/):
>
> Contributed by Joe Stewart on Tuesday June 18 2002 @ 12:33PM
>   [http://www.postnuke.com] - Greg Allan a.k.a. Adam_Baum, the lead core
> developer and one of the four founding members of the PostNuke CMS
> Development Project passed away from injuries sustained in a motorcycle
> accident. The accident occurred June 16, 2002 near his home in Meaford,
> Ontario in Canada.

I am always saddened by news like this...

> This bodes ill for them ever getting the install process documented...

Just for grins yesterday I downloaded the most recent release of
postnuke.  Installation was a snap.

I untarred it for example in /home/foo/public_html on host foo.com.
Then I visited foo.com/~foo/html/install.php and a few mouse clicks (and
a chmod or two) later it was done.  There isn't much to document there.

Dustin

--
| Dustin Decker                     |
| http://www.dustindecker.com |  "Youth -- not a time of life but a     |
| Moon-Lite Computing         |  state of mind... a predominance of     |
| 913.579.7117                |  courage over timidity, of the appetite |
*-----------------------------|  for adventure over the love of ease."  |
                              |   -- Robert F. Kennedy                  |