Adaptec 2100S and RH 7.1

chuckx chuckx at cold-sun.com
Mon Jul 29 18:26:03 CDT 2002

On Mon, Jul 29, 2002 at 11:50:57AM -0500, Eric Rossiter wrote:
> Anyone have any experience with RH 7.1 and the Adaptec/DPT 2100S SCSI
> storage controller??? Namely, is the RH support out of the box, or will
> it require a ramdisk, etc?

I haven't used Redhat since 6.0 and also don't have experience setting up a
RAID controller in Linux.  However, these links may be helpful.

Adaptec Linux Driver Page:
http://www.adaptec.com/worldwide/support/driverdetail.html?sess=no&cat=%2fOperating+System%2fLinux&f
ilekey=asr_linux_v242_drv.rpm

Linux DPT Hardware Raid HOWTO:
http://www.ram.org/computing/linux/dpt_raid.html

I'm not sure about Redhat 7.1 supporting the hardware out of the box.  That
specific model isn't listed in Redhat's hardware compatibility list on their
web site.

--
- chuckx | Charles K. Lee II -
- http://www.cold-sun.com -