programming languages

zscoundrel zscoundrel at kc.rr.com
Sat Jul 27 14:47:51 CDT 2002

Learn Cobol, Java, and C/C++.  Perl, PHP and SQL would also be good to
know.   You really can't concentrate on one language because they change
too damn fast.

These will give you enough background to know most of what is going on
behind the scenes and make you a serious guru.

I guess it all depends on what you want to do.  If you want a secure job
at a big company that pays average wages, learn Cobol.  You will almost
always be able to find some kind of coding work.

You want an exciting job doing and learning new things, learn one of the
newer languages.