building a firewall

Kurt Kessler kessler2k at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 27 00:24:26 CDT 2002

Long time lurker, first time poster. :p

Anyway, my father works for a gov. contractor and they
had a firesale. I was able to pick up 2 Gateway
P5-75's with some very new Dell monitors. (DIRT CHEAP)
:D

What I'm getting at is this, these two boxes both came
with: 72mb of ram, no h/d as they get destroyed or
something, old 3com isa nic cards, and they have
pcmcia card slots in a 5.25" bay. My question is this.
I plan to build one for my daughter, but the other I
would like to try and build a firewall. Is a 75mhz box
w/ 72mb suitable for a firewall? I just dont want to
choke down the connection or anything. This would be
my first attempt at this. Thanks for any replies, and
who cares if I mizzpelld anyting. :p