Perl Regex HELP!

Jason Baker baker at cyborgworkshop.com
Fri Jul 26 19:55:03 CDT 2002

I really appreciate all of the help that you guys are offering.  Let me
give a little more detail on what's going on.   The company I work for
employes one of the squirrelmail admins, so we use squirrelmail here. One
of the things that we do is generate dynamic group lists by taking and
piping email through a perl script that looks up all of the users in an
LDAP database and generates mailing lists on demand, then injects the mail
into qmail.  What we have run into is some broken mail clients that aren't
sending very nice headers and are causing the perl script we have to do
some pretty funky stuff.  So what we were hoping to do was take the script
and break our header and body apart (no problems there) and then go
through the headers, find the To line and perform our LDAP mojo.  This is
where we ran into the issue of the To: line needing to match all the way
up to the first character on a newline other then a space. I will be sure
to post what works as soon as we figure it out, but so far, the info that
has been provided and what we have dug up isn't working.   Really
appreciate all of the help though guys, makes me remember why I love
running open operating systems so much.

--
                 Jason
         www.cyborgworkshop.com