Yahoo, IM and webmail

Brian Densmore DensmoreB at ctbsonline.com
Thu Jul 25 13:37:20 CDT 2002

Installed gaim last night. Works great. Haven't tried connecting to MSN
yet.
I did have several friends waiting for me to join Yahoo IM though
[which I didn't know about]. I also installed yahoo's ymessenger. Since
I don't
have any of the supported distros, I chose the oldest RH rpms and
ignored deps. It
worked. I only used it because someone was trying to send me a file
through IM. Couldn't
get it to work, had to fall back to email. :'((
IM is really cool! [and addicting!] gaim is faster than ymessenger.

Also Yahoo has install a new webmail interface. It looks very familiar?
I think I've
seen it on sourceforge or freshmeat.

Anyone know if I have to create a MSN account to access MSN users? Or is
there a way in
from say a yahoo account?

Brian

"Three OS's from corporate-kings in their towers of glass,
Seven from valley-lords where orchards used to grow,
Nine from dotcoms doomed to die,
one from the dark lord Gates on his dark throne
In the Land of Redmond where the Shadows lie.
one OS to rule them all, one OS to find them,
one OS to bring them all and in the darkness bind them,
In the Land of Redmond where the Shadows lie."    john thrum