PHP

DCT Jared Smith jared at dctkc.com
Wed Jul 24 20:06:43 CDT 2002

>>Before I added them, an attempt to load a .php page produced the
>>text of the php file. Now that I've made that change and rebooted Apache, when
>>I call the .php file, I get an error from Explorer that IE Explorer
>>doesn't know how to open that type of file.
>
>You are right on track here... question: Did you restart apache?
>Changes to httpd.conf require this to be placed into effect.

Interesting that the question specifically stated "...and rebooted Apache" and
the answer was: "...did you restart Apache?"

As mentioned in another post, you should have added the
LoadModule line before restarting Apache:

( see http://www.php.net/manual/en/install.apache.php )
------<snip>--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
12. Edit your httpd.conf or srm.conf file and check that these lines are
    present and not commented out:
   AddType application/x-httpd-php .php
   LoadModule php4_module        libexec/libphp4.so

If you get an Apache error after inserting that line in your httpd.conf file,
check your php.ini settings, even though it _seems_ like an Apache
error. Note also that the LoadModule line is different for win32,
using a .dll instead of a .so.

-jds