Gzip

Lucas Peet lpeet at eccod.com
Tue Jul 23 00:48:30 CDT 2002

Hmmm...didn't think of that.  I used the xargs one david nicol sent me.
That worked pretty well.  And it was more what I was looking for too...I
remember seeing some shell magic somewhere that had all kinds of [brackets]
and wierd variables to do something like that...

Adding the .gz was okay.  Maybe what I was think of was something more along
the lines of:

music> ls -l
song1.mp3
song2.Mp3
song3.MP3
song4.mp3
etc...

How could I go about re-naming each file's extension so they were all
lowercase while keeping the original filename, or for instance removing the
.gz off all these files but keeping the filename?

-Lucas