Kansas City H1-B Project

Jonathan Hutchins hutchins at opus1.com
Mon Jul 22 18:01:37 CDT 2002

The Kansas City Full Employment Council is soliciting information from
employers on IT training needs in order to reduce the "need" for foreign
employees on H1-B visas.  This looks like a thinly veiled corporate welfare
program for the "get-rich-quick" training companies that offered "exciting
opportunities in the booming IT field" in years past, and are finding lean
pickings now that people know how few positions are open even for
experienced workers, let alone the entry-level jobs that never existed.

I'm sending a copy of my response to the group.