Registering/Accounts with online vendors

Michael mogmios at mlug.missouri.edu
Mon Jul 22 17:54:14 CDT 2002

I'd agree that companies should be far more careful with what employees
are given access to. Several jobs have just thrown open the gates (or had
no gates at all) to their data having just met me. One company comes to
mind because new employees that are just being trained are on their first
day given access to all customer data.. including full credit card
numbers. It's not just data that companies are careless with though. One
school I worked for had a master set of keys to every room on campus
including dorms, shower rooms, etc (and they had 99% female students) that
they'd just hand out to new employees and even service techs etc that were
there just for the day. It wasn't uncommon for sets of keys to turn up
missing. I can just imagine what the wrong person with a master key to a
girls school would do.

Don't dream it. Be it.

Michael McGlothlin <mogmios at mlug.missouri.edu>
http://kavlon.org/projects/