Anyone want to be in a movie?

bkelsay at comcast.net bkelsay at comcast.net
Sun Jul 21 23:35:46 CDT 2002

Well, I went to the filming on Saturday.  It was way out in Stillwell Kansas
about halfway to BFE.  From what I saw, I was the only member of KCLUG
there.   Let's hope it doesn't look too hokey once the film is all done.  I
took two laptops, but a lot of extras were sitting behind computers that had
no keyboards and nothing was plugged in.  They layed out some Cat5 wire on
the ground as a prop and it disappeared into the grass in the yard we were
filming in.   I also hope they cut out the part where the Cray supercomputer
prop blows over (it was made of styrofoam) in a breeze.  It was kind of neat
to watch them film and stuff though.
 We had to keep waiting to film scenes until the trains had gone by.  There
were these nice houses and at 8:30 on the nose the first train went by and
then when it was halfway past then the second one came by going the other
direction.  After a while it was kind of hilarious.  Later these older
people came driving up in Model T hotrod coupes.  They drove right into the
yard.  One of them was the guy who lived in the house.  We had to wait til
they were out of the way and the engine noise was over.  Kind of a comedy of
errors.  We were done by eleven and it was a good thing, since it was so hot
out.  Anyway it was cool to be present during the filming of a movie.  I may
never get another chance to do this.  I hope you can see me in at least one
of the scenes.  I was wearing a white RedHat shirt.
Brian Kelsay