Distro update methods [was RE: market continues to dive!]

Michael mogmios at mlug.missouri.edu
Wed Jul 17 08:03:01 CDT 2002

Actually I was thinking of using package data files that could be
downloaded sepperate from their binary and sources which knew how the grab
the proper binaries or sources as needed either from online or from local
media. Possibly even as just a wrapper over deb and rpm that'd make those
standard package systems a lil more flexible for what I need. Besides in
this day and age where 'poor' people like me have 100's of gigs of space I
don't think size matters nearly as much.

Actually what I want would be sort of a very clean version of Apache
Toolbox that is flexible and smart enough to handle the whole system with
support for back references and everything.

Don't dream it. Be it.

Michael McGlothlin <mogmios at mlug.missouri.edu>
http://kavlon.org/projects/