No end to Linux.

Michael mogmios at mlug.missouri.edu
Tue Jul 16 19:02:03 CDT 2002

True, but they could stay in business even if they dropped those support
people. They might lose some customers for doing so but the majority would
probably forgive them if there was an obvious reason for the problem.
Overall opensource companies SHOULD be able to float on almost nothing.
The ones that have been dying are ones that let themselves owe money and
other classic mistakes. Eazel for example COULD have let go all their
developers and quietly kept producing as much as they could and living off
the opensources community's help but they shut down. It really doesn't
make sense to me to do so. Eventually the money will flow back towards
tech and the companies that have lived will be respected more.