M$ office and Linux?

Jeremy Fowler jfowler at westrope.com
Mon Jul 15 15:55:15 CDT 2002

Well, I think the biggest problem is that even though OSX is BSD underneath,
it's Aqua GUI is still very much proprietary. The various shared libraries and
OS extensions that Office requires would be Aqua based and most likely wouldn't
be able to run under X without some type of emulation. Which, if you think about
it, would require a lot of time to reverse engineer. Time, in my opinion, that
should be used making open source alternatives like OpenOffice better. Let
Microsoft keep it's Office, I don't need it.