Please Help!

Mike Coleman mkc+dated+1027972050.310829 at mathdogs.com
Sun Jul 14 19:35:21 CDT 2002

jose sanchez <j_r_sanchez at yahoo.com> writes:
> iptables -P INPUT DROP
> iptables -P OUTPUT DROP
> iptables -P FORWARD DROP
> I can't ping any of the router's cards nor can't ping
> to the other network.

I don't see anything obviously wrong, but I'm not an iptables expert.  One
thing you could try would be to testing the connectivity between net 1, net 2,
and the router as you make one change at a time.  That is, boot the box,
install the modules, check connectivity.  Then do the first iptables command
and recheck connectivity.  And so on.  That might help.

Perhaps it would help to change the default policy from DROP to REJECT?

There's also some way to get iptables to log rejected packets, I think.

As always, the doc may help.

Mike