No end to Linux.

Michael mogmios at mlug.missouri.edu
Sun Jul 14 04:24:22 CDT 2002

You assume it matters what corporate schmucks do. They don't buy the Linux
desktop now (for the most part) and even if they don't buy it later either
it won't really matter. Linux and it's desktops will keep rolling along
without them. We'll keep developing our Windows and Office killing
software. Those that use opensource will save money and their companies
will do better. If tied with other wise choices then eventually their
companies will do better than the M$ victims.

Besides.. despite what M$, Apple, and even Linux thinks the desktop is a
dying concept. It won't go away completely.. just as we still have the
console.. but the market will go elsewhere. Whichever gets there first and
best will rule the 'next big thing'. Some people think we'll all be using
embedded apps, some think we'll be using VR, etc. We'll hafta wait and see
which is right. Why fight over today when you can be innovating for
tomorrow. ;)

Don't dream it. Be it.

Michael McGlothlin <mogmios at mlug.missouri.edu>
http://kavlon.org/projects/