Back at Square 1

Seth Dimbert s.dimbert at fhmr.com
Sun Jul 14 04:03:35 CDT 2002

I've got an old PowerComputing Mac Clone at home. I've spent the last month
or so trying to get YDL to run on it. I gave up and finally got LinuxPPC
2000 to install. It's based (I believe) on RH6.x and I know it's out of
date, but it's really just for me and the family to use here at home, so I'm
not so worried.

It runs nicely - so far all that I've done is change the runlevel so it
boots to text instead of directly into GNOME.

Now I need to get it to see the rest of the network. My problem is that I
can't seem to make the information I know jibe with what linuxconf wants me
to tell it.

I know the IP Address I want the machine to have. I know the router's IP and
the subnet mask. I also have the IP addy's of the DNS my ISP wants me to
use.

So, how can I get this baby to see the network/internet? I want the next
email I send you to come out of Pine! :)

-SD