Lindows and Windows

Ian icollins at iland.net
Sat Jul 13 15:36:40 CDT 2002

Don't you think that it is ironic that Bill Gates and Microsoft are upset that someone has borrowed
an idea from them. They are calling the kettle black when they say that the guy creating Lindows is
stealing. What about when they stole from Apple  and took the GUI from them, and Xerox. They pretty
much ripped off the guy that came up with DOS they bought it for 50,000 and have made millions upon
millions off of the operating system. I bet the guy that sold it to them is kicking himself right
now.
I think that is pretty pathetic that Microsoft is so worried that they might actually have some
competition that they would try to sue for something that they did twenty or so years ago. Are they
scared that Lindows might be and probably is a better platform. So what if they lose a little money
so some can afford a better operating system such as Linux. Maybe Bill will learn that what he did
to Apple was wrong. Knowing him though he will sue and win, and then try to buy into to the Lindows
concept, just like he did Apple in 1997 for his personal gain. If that happens I think that it
would be the end of Linux.

Ian Collins