Off Topic - Flight 93 Shotdown

Jonathan Hutchins hutchins at opus1.com
Fri Jul 12 16:17:54 CDT 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jim Herrmann" <JimH at ItDepends.com>

> On Thursday 11 July 2002 09:50 am, Jonathan Hutchins wrote:
> > Just because you read it on the internet doesn't mean it's true.

> Just because you didn't hear about it in the mainstream media, doesn't
mean
> it didn't happen!

I understand that part of the conspiracy-theory mentality is that anybody
who doesn't BELIEVE is either deluded or part of the conspiracy, but
speaking as a licensed pilot and Airframe & Powerplant technician with
training in accident investigation, there is nothing consistent with a
shootdown and everything consistent with a dive/crash.  Shootdowns look a
lot more like the Swiss crash, with fireballs, debris trails, and flatter
impact trajectories.  (Ask a Vietnam vet for details.)

According to the radar records, which are public, the interceptors did not
have time to reach the plane before it went down.

Way to many independent details to be concocted anyway.

But, hey, I'm probably just another member of the Illuminati.