OT Re: Speaking of jobs . . .

Marvin GodfatherofSoul Bellamy mbellamy at kc.rr.com
Thu Jul 11 19:50:04 CDT 2002

Not me, but I'm from South Carolina.  There are places in the South that
look like they're straight out of a National Geographic special in some
3rd world country.  I'm not saying that everyone here is doing fine and
dandy, but the American definition of poor is much different from that
in a country like Mexico.  Immigrants are busting their asses and
risking their lives for work a lot of us feel  is beneath us.