Creating a boot disk to A:

KRFinch at dstsystems.com KRFinch at dstsystems.com
Thu Jul 11 13:41:46 CDT 2002

A quick google search on "dos boot disk" turned up a lot of good stuff.
Many of the sites there have disk images you can download and use.

Another thing that you can do is make an emergency boot disk on a win98
system.  Those will load the generic CD-ROM drivers.

There are also some really nice instructions on making a boot disk here:

http://www.onecomputerguy.com/install/floppies.htm

Hope this helps!

Kevin Finch
Network Administrator
DST Systems, Inc.
816/435-6039
krfinch at dstsystems.com

                    "Ian"

                    <icollins at iland.net>         To:     "Kansas City Linux Users"
<kclug at kclug.org>
                    Sent by:                     cc:

                    owner-kclug at marauder.i       Subject:     Creating a boot disk to A:

                    lliana.net

                    07/10/2002 09:21 PM

I have Windows XP and I want to create a boot disk on a 3.5 floppy using
the command prompt. I need to do this from three Linux Red Hat 7 CD-ROMs.
How can I achieve this? Could anyone help me? I have read the instructions
on doing so from the Linux for dummies book but it is no help. I am new to
Linux. I don't have much experience with DOS and creating boot disk.

Thanks, Ian