Copy Protection

DCT Jared Smith jared at dctkc.com
Fri Jul 5 15:57:55 CDT 2002

>>When CDs are all copy protected, I will no longer buy any.  Even
>>though I don't copy the ones I have now, I can't support the
>>restriction that that mentality represents.
>
>A good friend had a bunch of CD's stolen on a trip once.  He now
>keeps the originals at home and only travels with copies.  Yeah,
>sure, if he gets ripped off again, the RIAA "looses" the revenue for
>his replacements.  They would rather go after him then they guy who
>stole the CD's.

Quality music is simply not produced by people
who have sold out. By definition, they sing about
ideas instead of realities. Why surround yourself
with songs sung by people who sold out?

Develop a taste for music which is genuine, not
contrived.

Listen to the indy labels. If you listen to RIAA
music, you deserve to be kicked around by them,
because that's built in to the way they work.
It's not like you don't have a choice.

No need to complain about RIAA; their kind has
been around for 10,000 years. Complainers have
likewise been around. So, also, have the people
who listen to indy music, and fret not about the
ocean of mediocre music which everyone else
listens to.

-jds