gentoo linux

MBSmith at dstsystems.com MBSmith at dstsystems.com
Wed Jan 30 16:52:22 CST 2002

FYI, I now have a compact, fast OS up and running.  I had to do a bit of
deciphering with regard to the Gentoo kernel build instructions, but I
worked it all out.  I got X up and running using WindowMaker as default
(I'm going to skip KDE/Gnome - I don't need it and they just slow things
down tremendously), and it's really nice to have an OS without the bloat.
The Gentoo 'portage' package system is very nice as well.

Verdict: the search continues, and I've only played with it for two days,
but it looks likes it will be the nicest distro I've used.... so far.

Cheers
Mark Smith

MBSmith at dstsystems.com
Sent by: owner-kclug at marauder.illiana.net