Command/Script to find out what hardware is on machine

Michael Osten kulua at reefedge.com
Sat Jan 26 02:59:09 CST 2002

Some where in the universe on Fri, 25 Jan 2002 20:36:41 -0600
"Kim Lanners" <list at sme-net.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Is there a command / program similar to Windows 'Device System' which
will
> report all peripherals? I am interested in having Linux report what it
sees
> for total RAM installed.
>
> Also, what file do I modify so as to let Linux 7.1 know that there is
128MB
> RAM on the system? Would this be the lilo.conf file? I am very much a
newbie
> and if you could be very specific in your instructions, I would really
> appreciate it. ;)

First of all, there is no "Linux 7.1".  I'm assuming that you have "RedHat
7.1".  To find out how much memory you have type:

dmesg | grep Memory

You should not have to specify how much memory you have to lilo in that
version of RedHat.

---------