From Slashdot: Comcast goes after NAT users

JD Runyan Jason.Runyan at NITCKC.USDA.Gov
Fri Jan 25 18:37:43 CST 2002

On Fri, Jan ,  at 12:36:08PM -0600, Bradley Miller wrote:
> Ok -- now step back and look at it this way, you want the bandwidth piped
> to your house to be just like water . . . except you want to be able to
> have the hydrant open to fill your pool when you want and not pay for it.
> Fair?  No.  No matter how you slice and dice it . . . businesses will not
> be able to survive without some type of metering and payment for usage.

I will reiterate, THE USE OF BANDWIDTH DOES NOT CONSUME THE RESOURCE.
Filling your pool uses water that will not be returned the same as it
was before it was used.  You LEASE bandwidth not buy it.  Once you
stop paying for it, it is no longer your to use.
--
JD Runyan
		"You can't milk a point."