[nylug-talk] Undelete?

David Blackman david at whizziwig.com
Thu Jan 17 20:58:16 CST 2002

On Thu, Jan 17, 2002 at 12:27:04PM -0800, jose sanchez wrote:
> Hello:
>
> Is there an utlity for Linux like undelete for DOS?
>
> I deleted some files I need back. How, if possible,
> can I get these back?

'recover' it'll ask you a bucnh of questions about when you deleted the
file, the size, the partitio, that srtof stuff, then you wait.

'grecover' is just recover but it's a gui (same questions, just
graphical, it's rather silly, the command lien version I find easier to
use)

--dave

"When I think back on all the crap I learned in high school,
It's a wonder I can think at all" -- Paul Simon